Learn how you can make this super easy kawaii star cushion.
⭐🌟⭐ ⭐🌟⭐ ⭐🌟⭐ ⭐🌟⭐ ⭐🌟⭐ ⭐🌟⭐
Never one to be wasteful, I love a DIY project that can use up some scraps plus make something kawaii. My mum recently had some old curtain fabric that was so pretty but cut in weird sizes. I wouldn’t let her throw this away as I knew it would come in useful for something. Suddenly a DIY kawaii star cushion popped into my mind!
This is a very easy sewing DIY, great for beginners.
- Depending on the desired size, X2 equal pieces of fabric
- Black needle and thread to embroider face and sew pieces together
- Stuffing; wool, old fabric, polyester etc.
- Using this shape, cut out X2 pieces of fabric to your desired size
- Embroider a face to one of the pieces (on the right side of the fabric)
- Sew both pieces of fabric together (with the right-side facing inwards) IMPORTANT: Remember to leave a small gap before closing! The gap is essential so that you can turn the pieces back the right way (I have marked this part on the pattern).
- Turn your work inside out, so the right side is facing the correct way
- Using your finger or a pen, push into the corners of your star shape to make them pointy
- Stuff the star cushion with the filling of your choice
- Close the gap, using the ladder stitch and you are finished.